Jupiter IV SFB decals

 I bought some of these. They took well over a month to arrive from Canada: 

For the Kzinti: ship insignia to the left as you look at them, and ships' names in suitably off-looking script to the right. I've tried them out now on the model I put together as a Kzinti Starbase, and they are rather disappointing. The sheet of Kzinti names comes out very dark, too dark for use, in fact, even though I tried them on a painted stripe of white. The ship insignia are also dark, but those ones are usable. I'll probably paint a little white rectangle on the ships themselves to make the decals 'pop' a bit more. One thing to look out for is that the entire sheet is covered with transfer film, so you need to cut around the individual decals to make sure there isn't too much extra - that can become a bit awkward when you are trying to put them onto a ship panel. This reminds me of older transfer sets like the old Revo medieval ones. Overall verdict: worth getting the insignia sheets, so the Lyrans should be good too, but I wouldn't bother with the ships' names.

The Lyran ones look more promising. I like the fact that each clan has them in different sizes. They remind me of Japanese mon, in fact. The pen shows the relative size, I hope.

I will order more of these for the other powers when. get the chance. They aren't great in practice, but they are just about the only ones out there, especially in this size. Website link: https://jupiterivdecals.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly me to the moon

The Lyrans are coming!