Ending Y170

 ... and ending it with a bang:

Apart from the forces needed on the Federation border, the Kzinti have now entirely retreated to defend their capital region. The Hydrans, however, are making another assault on a Klingon Battle Station to try to disrupt preparations for a direct Klingon attack on the Hydrans' main Starbase on this front. 

My Hydran game is turning out differently from what I gather happened according to the timeline of the Amarillo Design Bureau's original campaign history. For a start, I didn't throw away good ships by making a vainglorious run for Federation space, nor am I going to defend the capital until the last ship. Also, you should be able to make out a stack of crippled vessels in the bottom left of the map as you look at it; underneath that lot is a newly completed Hydran Starbase. I'll also try to build a Battle Station in the extreme bottom left hex when a Tug becomes available.

The Kzinti will be under a great deal of pressure when the coalition pounces. However, the big cats have been improving their defences in the capital ever since the Lyran invasion. I'm looking forward to that - I've never played a capital assault before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly me to the moon

Jupiter IV SFB decals

The Lyrans are coming!